While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on this website, we make no representations or give any warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and we disclaim all representations, except where fraudulently made, and warranties.
This website is designed to provide you with general information only and does not attempt to give you advice on any particular investment or to recommend any particular investment to you. If you have any doubt as to whether a particular investment is suitable for you, you should contact Davenport Thomas for advice.
Where we have provided links to third party websites for further information, you should be aware that we are not responsible for the accuracy, availability or functionality of these sites, and thus cannot be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss however caused by your use of these linked sites.
INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU
Please note that we are not responsible for the accuracy or content of any sites linked from our own site, nor for the way in which those linked sites might handle any information that you choose to provide them with. We cannot be responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss however caused by your use of these linked sites.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
The majority of this site may be accessed without your having to provide any personal or identification details whatsoever. However, in order to advise you properly, we must obtain certain information from you about your financial and personal circumstances, to assess your suitability for particular products and services. If you wish us to provide advice you can telephone us to arrange a meeting, or you will need to register through the secure area of our site, or complete an enquiry form, to provide us with basic personal and contact details, and in some cases further personal data such as health and medical conditions.
By providing us with your personal data:
1. You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer (whether local or web-based) and/or paper files.
2. Where stored on our secure web server, we undertake to password protect your data giving direct access only to yourself, ourselves, and third parties who may need to maintain the database eg IFA Systems Ltd who manage our website.
3. You may at any time, either online or by phone, request that your username and/or password to access your personal information be changed to one of your choice.
4. You may access the information you have provided to us 24/7, for the purposes of viewing/ amending or updating it. Any changes you make will be stored on our secure database, and we will be notified that changes have been made.
6. We aim to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you provide to us from unauthorised access or disclosure
7. You agree that any information which you give us, including sensitive personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 such as health and medical records, may be disclosed to third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies and medical practitioners, where relevant, product providers and anyone whom we may use to process your application on our behalf) for the purpose of processing your application and for the ongoing administration of your investment or policy but for no other purpose. Your information may also be accessed by IFA Systems Ltd for the purpose of web site maintenance and administration, and the Financial Conduct Authority for investigative work, and fraud prevention agencies if requested to do so in order to meet our responsibilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and general United Kingdom law.
8. You agree that we may use the information that we hold about you to contact you from time to time by post, fax, email or telephone to bring to your attention additional products or services, which may be of benefit to you or comments and news features which may be of interest to you.
9. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 we agree that any consent given by you under paragraphs 7 and 8 above may be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting us by email or in writing at:
5 Kew Road
T: 0208 6182077
F: 0208 3380481
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The FCA requires that certain information be provided to the client prior to business being transacted so that the relationship between the client and the firm is clearly stated and understood.
Some of our documents use the Keyfacts logo required by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). To access the FCA's ownwebsite, The Money Advice Service, for more details on this and other money matters click here.
Please download and read the following documents, most of which we have provided in Adobe Acrobat format.
Adobe Acrobat reader is available, free, from the Adobe web site. Click on the logo below:
NOTE: To download the document in Netscape, hold down the shift key and click on the link. To download the document in Internet Explorer, right click on the link and select 'save target as'. To open the document just click on the link.